Montrose, South Dakota - History
Cemeteries in McCook County, South Dakota
1. CANISTOTA CEMETERY - On 447th Avenue, 1/8 mile north of 261st Street, Canistota
2. HILLSIDE CEMETERY- On 432nd Avenue, ½ mile north of 250th Street, Canova SE
3. MONTROSE (City) CEMETERY – 451st Avenue, 2/3 mile north of 254th Street, Montrose
4. ERIK OLSEN CEMETERY – North East quadrant of intersection of 246th Street and 439th Avenue, Salem or Unityville
5.PIONEER CEMETERY – South east quadrant on top of hill, of intersection of 246th Avenue (County Road 58) and Valley Road, Montrose or Lake Madison SW
6. PLEASANT HILL CEMETERY – On 247th Street, at 432nd Avenue, northwest quadrant, Spencer or Canova
7. SE PLEASANT PRAIRIE CEMETERY – on 256th Street (Highway 42) 1/8 mile west of 438th Avenue, Bridgewater East
8. RAMSEY (Pioneer/Hill) CEMETERY – On 245th Street, ¼ mile east of the intersection with 448th Avenue, Montrose or Lake Madison SW. This cemetery is adjacent (west) of Ramsey (Baptist) Cemetery.
9. RAMSEY (Baptist) CEMETERY - On 245th Street, ¼ mile east of the intersection with 448th Avenue, Montrose or Lake Madison SW. This cemetery is adjacent (east) of Ramsey (Pioneer/Hill) Cemetery.
10. RASMUSSEN CEMETERY – on 266th Street, ½ mile east of 432nd Avenue, Bridgewater West
11. REFORMED CEMETERY – 268th Street (County Road 21), 1/3 mile west of 449th Avenue, Monroe or East Vermillion Lake
12. RIVERSIDE CEMETERY –On 444th Avenue, ½ mile south of State Route 32 (265th Street), Marion or Canistota
13. ROSE HILL CEMETERY – on 443rd Avenue, ¼ mile south of 267th Street, Marion or Canistota
14. SAINT MARY CEMETERY – on 253rd Street (State Route 38) and 440th Avenue- North west quadrant, Salem. This cemetery is adjacent (part of) Saint Mary’s Cemetery.
15. SAINT MARY’S CEMETERY --- on 253rd Street (State Route 38) and 440th Avenue- North west quadrant, Salem. This cemetery is adjacent (part of) Saint Mary Cemetery.
16. SAINT PATRICK'S CEMETERY - On 255th Street, ½ mile west of 451st Avenue, Montrose
17. SAINT STEPHENS CEMETERY – On 264th Street ½ mile west of 437th Avenue, Bridgewater East
18. SALEM LUTHERAN CEMETERY – On 245th Street and 443rd Avenue – north east quadrant. Salem or Winfred SE
19. Spring Valley Baptist Cemetery – 7/10 mile south of the intersection of State Route 42 (265th Street) and 449th Avenue, Monroe, SD
20. SPENCER CEMETERY – On 432nd Street ½ mile south of 253rd Avenue (State Route 38), Spencer
21. SUN PRAIRIE BAPTIST CEMETERY – South east quadrant of intersection of 244th Street and 440th Avenue, Salem or Unityville
22. WILDWOOD CEMETERY on 253rd Street (State Route 38) and 440th Avenue- North east quadrant, Salem. This cemetery is across the road (east) of Saint Mary’s Cemetery.
The names of # 5 – Pioneer Cemetery and # 8 – Ramsey (Pioneer Hill) Cemetery may be mixed up. The map shows a cemetery (but does not give name) where #8 – Ramsey (Pioneer Hill) Cemetery is located on map.
- Roger Berke -